Call for Volunteers
The mandate of the Cobourg Highland Games Society is to promote, encourage and support the cultivation and preservation of Scots culture through related community events and to ensure that neither borders, nor seas, nor time itself denies us of our proud Highland Heritage.
If you would like to be a volunteer and help us keep the tradition of the Cobourg Highland Games alive and thriving, please review the volunteer opportunities below and call Carol at 905-372-8237 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can help the Games. We need and appreciate volunteers, please come out and help.
The following are only some examples of the volunteer opportunities available for the Cobourg Highland Games:
- Site Set Up and Site Take Down - Physical work; set up and take down the Festival site.
- Site Maintenance - Distribute garbage cans and bags, and recycling bins throughout the site before the Festival and after the Festival, collect and hose out cans and bins and return to storage. Access to a truck would be an asset.
- Cabana Set Up and Take Down - Assist in the set up and take sown of cabanas. Must be patient, diligent and like a challenge.
- Parking Set Up and Take Down - Set up and take down.
- Signs - Both on and off site - Erect and take down signs. Access to a truck or van an asset.
- Decorating - Decorate a variety of venues at the Festival. Must be creative and coordinated.
- Survey Committee - Assist in surveying various areas of the Festival. Surveys are conducted by questionnaires. Must be outgoing, well organized and able to work independently.
- Tea Garden Server and Food Preparation - Prepare and serve tea and scones at the Tea Garden. Must be able to stand and have good customer service skills and enjoy people.
- Parking Attendants - Guide patrons to available parking spots.
- Children's Activity Area - Assist the children in playing games and to complete crafts.
- Ice, Water and Programme Distribution - Valid driver's license needed. Must be physically fit. Drive and deliver ice, water and programmes throughout the Festival weekend.
- Site Management - Maintain equipment during the Festival, look after any mechanical problems. Would be a good position for someone who enjoys physical labour and being "out and about".
- Sponsor Relations Support - Work with the Festival's Sponsor Manager to put up signage recognizing sponsors and to help sponsors set up booths and displays. Strong communication skills and maturity and decorum are needed for this position.
- General Office Help - Office work on an as needed project basis. Promote Via Rail ticket draw. Shifts available April through August. Must be organized and thorough.
- Main Information Greeter - Provide comprehensive Festival information to visitors. Strong communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Brochure Distribution - Distribute bundles of brochures for local businesses in May and June. Must be organized and have good communication skills. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Poster Distribution - Distribute posters to Cobourg, Port Hope, Peterborough and other regional communities during May and June. Must be organized and have good communication skills. Must have access to a vehicle.
Thank you for considering volunteering for the Games. Please call Carol at 905-372-8237 to discuss volunteer options or email: email@example.com. Your help in organizing the Games would be very welcome.